As you plan your approach, five strategies are key to addressing student needs so you can achieve a Positive School Discipline climate:
- Policies: Review and revise punitive codes of conduct and other policies
- Classroom Management and Engagement: Examine and address classroom rules and norms and school climate
- Evidence-Based Programs and Practices: Incorporate proven programs and practices that address students’ most pressing needs
- School and Community Support Services: Employ existing services to address students’ needs
- Family Engagement: Use strategies that engage parents and other family members
Our online course explores the role of each strategy in shifting a school climate from punitive to positive.