Schools across the United States face many challenges—including student disengagement, poverty and violence, shrinking resources, and growing truancy and dropout rates. Positive School Discipline provides a systemic approach that helps communities work together to overcome these challenges, creating environments in which students can thrive and succeed.
Employing a proven process increases your likelihood of success, and schools have realized a number of benefits by applying this comprehensive strategy. For example, imagine walking into your school a year from now and finding:
- Students are more engaged and on task
- Classrooms are managed well—students respect the teacher and get along with each other
- Academic achievement has improved
- There are fewer disciplinary referrals
- Students view the rules as fair and are willing to comply
- Suspensions and expulsions have been significantly reduced
- Attendance has improved
- Fewer students are involved in the juvenile justice system
- Graduation rates have increased
- Parents indicate that they feel welcomed and are engaged with the school
- There is more revenue (in states where school funding is tied to average daily attendance rates)
To find out more, visit Our Approach.